How you choose to adapt to change will define your success.
It’s all changing and change is now the only norm. So how you choose to respond to change and how you can adapt to change will serve you well.
Planning supported by a flexible and agile attitude is what is going to enable you to get through this period of change without losing your mind or your business.
Having a plan is a great start.
Having a plan with no action is totally pointless.
Taking action without a plan is foolish and potentially a waste of time.
Having the best mindset is fantastic.
Having the best mindset and not taking action is pointless!
So after 30 years of running huge change programmes and becoming robust, agile and adept to change I reckon the winning combination is:
Plan + Mindset + Action = Success
When developing change cultures and huge change programmes I used to study and utilise the brilliant John Kotter’s 8-Step Change Model
- Step One: Create Urgency
- Step Two: Form a Powerful Coalition
- Step Three: Create a Vision for Change
- Step Four: Communicate the Vision
- Step Five: Remove Obstacles
- Step Six: Create Short-Term Wins
- Step Seven: Build on the Change
- Step Eight: Anchor the Changes
This is more about planning, adapting and actioning the change that we are experiencing, so let’s get planning…
- Start small – small incremental steps, celebrate every step forward – stop trying to boil the ocean – you’ll get overwhelmed by it all!
- Build your momentum and your confidence will soar!
- Get it all in perspective.
- Set your boundaries.
- Control what you can control, and don’t waste time and precious energy worrying about what you cannot control.
- Plan for the next day.
Tackle the planning, work on your mindset and take massive action again and again and keep repeating – this is a cycle that works when it’s consistently applied.
Look after yourself and work harder on yourself that you do on your tasks – it will pay dividends in the long term. So in order to survive and thrive during this period of significant change without losing your mind or your business follow the simple steps above.
You don’t have to have a business to do this, apply this to work, home, clients, grocery shopping, batch cooking, exercise – everything!
Hugs LDC x